Georgia Retraining Tax Credit Overview
An economic development incentive program that offsets the cost of training existing employees on new technology or systems, up to $1,250 annually per employee in tax incentives.
The Georgia Retraining Tax Credit enables Georgia businesses to offset the cost of their investment in employees. Whether training workers to use new equipment or new technology or upgrading the company's competitiveness with ISO 9000 training, companies can afford to invest in the workforce more often, thanks to Georgia's tax credit program.
The ideal company for this credit is a technology-forward company or a manufacturer with multiple locations and over 50 employees. We have closed RTC projects in over 15 different industries, including Health Care, Transportation, Food & Beverage, and Construction.
Any business that files a Georgia income tax return is eligible for the retraining tax credit. To qualify, training programs must be designed to enhance quality and productivity or teach certain software technologies. Retraining must be provided by any qualified source, including company trainers, training vendors, technical colleges, or universities.
- Conferences for new technologies
- New or upgraded tools
- New or upgraded software
- Office equipment training
- Lean and Six Sigma training
- New or upgraded equipment for production, business operations, physical facilities, etc.
Does Not Qualify
- Executive coaching
- Workshops for middle and senior managers
- OSHA/EPA/DOT compliance
- First Aid/CPR
- Interpersonal skills training
- Conferences for non-technical subject matter
A business is eligible if they have one of the following activities:
- Moving from manual, pen & paper processes to software
- Switching technology providers
- Training current employees on new equipment
- Upgrading to a newer version or buying more features of an existing software tool
Examples of Software Include:
- HRIS (HR Information System)
- Job costing and estimating
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Electronic medical record systems
- Dealer management systems
- Document management
- Customer relationship management (CRM)