Georgia Investment Tax Credit Overview
Investment tax credits help Georgia businesses grow by making it more affordable to expand and improve facilities.
Companies in manufacturing or telecom support that have operated in Georgia for at least three years are eligible to earn investment tax credits for upgrades or expansions. Credit earned amounts to 1% to 8% of qualified capital investments of $50,000 or more.
Investment tax credits can offset up to 50 percent of a company's Georgia corporate income tax liability. If the earned credit exceeds that limit, the unused credit can be carried forward for up to 10 years and applied to future tax liability.
Companies in manufacturing or telecommunications support that have operated in Georgia for at least three years are eligible to earn investment tax credits for upgrades or expansions.
- Requires capital expenditures of at least $100,000. The ideal opportunity is a $1 million investment.
- Earn up to a 5% credit based entirely on your location.
- Tax credit is limited to 50% of the income tax liability, with a 10-year carryforward.
- Credit is taken in the year following the year that minimum investment is made.
- Bonuses for Port Activity can increase the percentage to 5%, based on an increase in imports/exports through Georgia ports by 10% (i.e., previous 12-month period vs. the second preceding 12-month period). Company must hold title to the products when the products pass through the port.